In 2010 we conducted a survey concerning the opinion and wishes of our visitors. We also polled the favourite pieces in the collection of Museum De Lakenhal. Based upon the answers from this survey we made a Top Ten of Popular Favourite Pieces.
Below you will find the Top Ten by the visitors of Museum De Lakenhal as per 2010.
1. Lucas van Leyden, The Last Judgement, 1527 (Zoom in)
2. “Bavelaars” (diorama, typical of the city of Leiden)
3. Stained glass window from the Algemeen Handelsgebouw (General Trade Building),
Harm Kamerlingh Onnes, 1929
4. Mattheus Ignatius van Bree, Mayor Pieter Adriaensz. van der Werff offers his
sword to the people, 1816-1817
5. Menso Kamerlingh Onnes, portrait of Jenny Kamerlingh Onnes, 1888
6. Various tiles
7. Choral books
8. Works by Gerrit Dou, 17th century
9. The building of Museum De Lakenhal
10. Floris Verster, Flowers and Leafs, 1888