Guided tours for large groups are not possible at the moment, but exclusive private tours are! If you are a family living at the same address or your group consists of a maximum of 2 people living at different addresses, you can hire a private tour guide for your visit. You’ll only have to pay the price of the freelance tour guide: €55, excluding entry to the museum. And, of course, you’d be able to choose what you want to see with your tour guide: some highlights from the collection or the temporary exhibition. A special family tour around the collection for families with children of 6 years old or above is also available.
FOR PRIVATE TOURS, THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS APPLY:
• Private tours always start on the half hour: at 10.30 a.m., 11.30 a.m., 12.30 p.m., 1.30 p.m., 2.30 p.m. or 3.30 p.m. That way, you will have enough time to come in during your walk-in hour.
• The guided tour takes around 1 hour and costs €55. This is the cost price for a guided tour, including 21% Dutch VAT. However, this is excluding the price of a ticket for the museum itself (€12.50 for people at or over the age of 18 and free for people up to the age of 18 or for holders of a Museum Card or membership card).
• An entry ticket for the museum can be bought online. For the guided tour, you will receive an invoice afterwards.
• Only one guided tour of the museum at once is allowed (for a family living at the same address or for 2 people living at different addresses).
• Private tours are available in Dutch, English, German and Dutch Sign Language.
• Of course, you are required to always keep a distance of 1.5 meters to the tour guide.
AND THIS IS HOW IT WORKS:
• Send an email at least 2 weeks before your desired visit to email@example.com and mention your preferred day and time for the private tour (10.30 a.m., 11.30 a.m., 12.30 p.m., 1.30 p.m., 2.30 p.m. or 3.30 p.m.). Please also indicate whether you’d like a guided tour of the collection or the temporary exhibition, or an interactive family tour.
• Lydia Vermond from Planning & Events will check if your desired day and time is available.
• If this is the case, go to the website as soon as possible and book an online ticket for the walk-in hour closest to when your guided tour starts.
• You can enter the museum from the start of your walk-in hour. Your tour guide will be waiting for you at the information desk in the Backyard at the starting time of your private tour. You are now ready to explore the museum together!
• Afterwards, you will receive an invoice for the guided tour from the museum on the email address you have provided.