Tips for a pleasant museum visit
To make your museum visit as enjoyable as possible for you and others, we ask you to consider the following things
- The building has no fixed route, so feel free to wander around and be surprised! A map showing highlights of the collection is available at the information desk.
- You can use a mobile phone in the exhibition halls to access in-depth information and audio tours in the Lakenhal-app, but not to make phone calls. This way, other visitors can also enjoy the exhibitions undisturbed.
- For your convenience and the safety of the art objects, please leave umbrellas, backpacks and bags larger than an A4 in a locker.
- The objects on display are fragile and we like to preserve them for future generations. However tempting, objects in the museum should not be touched unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- We love enthusiasm, and conversation between guests young and old - however, we don't appreciate running, (play) fighting or shouting.
- Taking photographs during your visit is allowed, but please do not use flash, selfie stick and/or a tripod. Filming is only allowed with prior permission.
- Museum De Lakenhal is completely smoke-free, including e-cigarettes.
Visiting the museum with kids? Then make the most of your visit with these tips:
- Make use of our Family Trail! In our permanent collection you will find 13 unique drawers. Led by fun questions and interactive assignments, you'll view the museum collection through a completely different lens... You can pick up the accompanying map at the information desk. The assignments are suitable for children aged 6 and up. All assignments are in Dutch.
- Roll up your sleeves and start creating art together with your family for free every Sunday from 13:00-16:00 at the Open Studio. Each season you'll be challenged by a new creative technique or rare material inspired by the permanent collection or temporary exhibition. A professional workshop instructor will be present in de studio to help you get started.
Do you need extra assistance during your visit? We offer all kinds of programmes and facilities for people with disabilities. Read more about the accessibility of Museum De Lakenhal.
If you want to know more, read our terms and conditions or ask any of our staff a question during your visit - they will be happy to help you. Enjoy your visit!