Tuesday to Sunday 10.00 - 17.00.
Museum De Lakenhal is accessible for visitors with special needs. Read more about the accessibility of the building and the facilities offered.
We are closed on the following days:
- 1 January
- 27 April
- 25 December
Free entry on:
- 8 February - Dies Natalis University of Leiden
- 15 July - Birthday of Rembrandt van Rijn
- 3 October - 3 October Festival (free entry until 13.00H, closed from 13.00H)
We are also open on these holidays:
- 18 April - Easter Monday
- 6 June - Whit Monday
- 27 December - Boxing Day / Second day of Christmas
- Adults: €16,00
- CJP-pass: €9,50)
- A group visit is also possible.
ADDRESS AND ROUTE
Oude Singel 32
2312 RA Leiden
Museum De Lakenhal is a 10-minute walk from Leiden Central Station. Plan your route via Google Maps.
- The closest parking garage is Lammermarkt (Lammermarkt 20P, 2312 CW Leiden).
- You can park here as a museum visitor for €2.50 per hour instead of €3.10 per hour (with a minimum of 3 hours).
- Book your parking ticket.
- Select your date and start time and estimate how many hours you will be staying. Will you be staying longer? You can pay extra in the parking garage.
- There are no exit tickets for sale at the museum ticket counter.
In front of the museum there is a parking area adapted for people with a disabled card. See here more information about the accessibility of Museum De Lakenhal.
DURING YOUR VISIT
Extra measures concerning corona
Read more about the corona measures.
There is a lot to do in and around the museum. Please check the activity list to see what is on offer.
Experience Museum De Lakenhal with the L@kenhal app. Before, during and after your visit, you will find stories about our collection and more in-depth information about the works of art in the app. The app can be downloaded for free for iOS or Android.
Less than half a minute. That is how long museum visitors look at a work of art on average. Would you like to know how long it takes to look at objects in the museum? At the ticket counter you can obtain a card with viewing tips, including a small drawing assignment, developed in collaboration with art editor Wieteke van Zeil. Because he who draws, sees more... Or at home already dive into an extensive version of the tips.
In the presentation of the collection there are 13 unique drawers, which have been specially equipped with interactive tasks for families with children from 6 years of age in cooperation with Familiemuseums. The accompanying Family Trail can be picked up free of charge at the box office. For an overview of other future activities especially for families, please refer to the Activities Overview. In addition, we have put together some tips for a visit to the museum with the whole family for you.
The museum shop is located in the entrance area. The shop is the perfect place to find exclusive gifts, books or a souvenir of your visit.
At the café we offer a selection of local, organic and fresh products. You can choose a spot inside or on the terrace. Read more about the café and the menu.
Museum De Lakenhal is accessible for visitors with special needs. [Read more about the accessibility of the building and the facilities offered]esday 19th of October? Please note that the lift will not be accessible on those days due to engineering works. The ground floor is accessible.**